Best Power Drill Reviews 2019 | Buying Guide
To get the best power drill is a matter of concern when you are looking for a handy type and a trustworthy drill for your needs. A good quality drill will help you building your own deck, attaching, assembling and installing your drywall easily.
In this addition, you will see here everything related to a cordless drill or something you could want to know or do with a drill machine. All the answer will be in your pocket in a short while. To let you know we have spent countless hours doing this research and testing most of this drill. As a result, you can save your hard-earned cash and time without wasting this.
Best electric drills are convenient to use yet sometimes it could be a nuisance for you to make sure you have enough battery life to finish a project. Many of you might have the bad experience when at the end of a project we have to put the job on hold to charge up the drill. It is the reason you should buy a drill with a strong battery. This inspires me to make this article and help you find the best cordless drill that meets all of your industrial or personal needs.
I have the experience to know how frustrating it is choosing the best portable drill. That’s why sit back and enjoy reading my best power tools reviews from the beginning to the end. You will get to know which, are the current top power drill brands in the market.
- 0.1 Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
- 0.2 BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
- 0.3 Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Drill Driver Kit
- 0.4 Pros
- 0.5 Cons
- 0.6 BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill and Project Kit
- 0.7 Pros
- 0.8 Cons
- 0.9 BLACK+DECKER BDC120VA100 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Kit
- 0.10 Pros
- 0.11 Cons
- 0.12 DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit
- 0.13 Pros
- 0.14 Cons
- 0.15 DEWALT DWD112 8.0 Amp 3/8-Inch VSR Pistol-Grip Drill
- 0.16 Pros
- 0.17 Cons
- 0.18 Black & Decker BDCDMT120 20-Volt Cordless Drill
- 0.19 Pros
- 0.20 Cons
- 0.21 DEWALT DWD115K 8 Amp 3/8-Inch VSR Mid-Handle Grip Drill Kit
- 0.22 Pros
- 0.23 Cons
- 0.24 Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch 2-Speed Drill/Driver Kit
- 0.25 Pros
- 0.26 Cons
- 1 Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Power Drill
Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
At first, the name I would like to mention as the best battery drill is Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill. This is a popular choice as a cordless drill for many buyers. Already more than 700 buyer reviews are available to read to prove it a high selling model.
If you ask me what makes this offer so different that is the additional 30 accessories of the drill. This is a nice bundle to receive. This is small and contends with the best power drills in the business sector.
Being small, it allows you to move into little spaces and play out your repair and development work effortlessly. Though its intense engine housed in a little body, it can furnish you with a lot of drilling force.
When in terms of power, the machine fueled with a proficient 20V max engine. As you know, is powered by a lithium Ion battery so it conveys the extreme force and exceptional reinforcement time.
You can put it in charge when you are not using this. Don’t feel stress, the battery can keep a charge for up to one and a half year.
- The best power drill is ideal for drilling through or screwing in wood, metal, and plastic.
- Provide you with 30 additional accessories, which are a useful kit for the money.
- Further, you will get the drill and screw driving bits, nut drivers and magnetic bit tip holder with the unit.
- You will get also a 20-volt lithium ion battery and charger.
- Its soft grip handles help you work with comfort.
- The drill spins though not fast yet not that much disappointing.
- A user complained after working for one week the machine stopped away.
BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
The second of my choice is Black & Decker LDX120C best power drill. The machine used a 20-volt lithium-ion battery and has a lot of power packed into it. In particular, these lithium batteries can hold a charge much longer than a traditional NiCAD battery.
They charge a lot quicker as well. These are more compact, smaller, lighter and holds the charge a lot longer than the Nicads. Therefore, it has a torque of 115-inch pounds, which is adequate for screwing and light drilling applications.
Let’s talk about the drill speed, it has one speed setting only. You can control the speed like other most modern cordless drills by the amount of pressure you applied on the trigger.
In an individual, the speed of it goes from 0 to 650 rpm and of course depending on the pressure. I think it’s enough for fastening screws and for some light drilling but not quite fast enough for heavier drilling tasks.
Even though the best power drill doesn’t have all the features of a higher end cordless drill but it has everything that a homeowner, DIYer, hobbyist requires. The design is compact enough to fit into tight areas and confined spaces such as drawers, cabinet corners etc.
- It is compact in design and lightweight.
- For drilling into wood, metal plastic and all screw driving task it has an excellent result.
- You can easily carry it from one place to another.
- Storage the machine is easy, even for using it in tight and confined spaces.
- Few customers complained it is not that much power, only can do light work around the house.
- Using it for drilling a hole in a piece of wood, you have to be careful.
Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Drill Driver Kit
This toolkit specially made for home users, do it yourself and occasional use for professionals. You should know this model earned one of the best selling batches in Amazon now. To begin with, its 20-volt battery will give you a plenty of power for drilling light masonry jobs.
To tell more about Dewalt DCD771C2 20V, it comes with two batteries and a charger that’s why there never has to be any downtime. Besides, the charge of the batteries lasts for a few hours of steady works. Alongside the design of the machine, I would like to say it is something that plays a role in its status of best power drills.
The design of it is very eye-catching as well as it is very ergonomic too. It will allow you with convenience in all types of driving, hammering and drilling tasks that you want to perform inside and outside of your home.
This is compact, lightweight and weighs 3.6 pounds with the battery on board. On the other side, the 20v batteries slide onto the bottom give the machine a stable base. Many of the real users praised the way it gives a balanced feel and ergonomic grip.
Not only this, the speed selector is just excellent of it. The drill is the speed selector and big enough to slide even when you are using gloves on your hand.
- The lithium-ion compact drill offers decent value for money with a strong motor.
- For the price, the 300 watts of power is quite significant to accomplish all the necessary drilling jobs.
- Even if you are a woman, you can use the best power drill because it doesn’t require you to be packing muscles all over to use.
- You will get variable speed capabilities with the best power that let you choose between 0-450 rpm to 0-1500rpm.
- Ergonomic handles made to deliver comfort and control.
- Its ½-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck will give you tight bit gripping strength.
- You might not like it if you are looking for a tool to use for hammer drilling.
- Few users complained the motor burnt up after a week of light use.
BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill and Project Kit
My next pick is BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill. You will definitely feel amazed if you see all the reviews it got from its users. This is actually a project kit that includes 66 different tools for different purposes.
Therefore this is simply one of the best cordless drills, comes with an amazing lithium-ion battery. According to your necessity, you can work with it for up to eighteen months found it always ready. Further all the components and parts designed so that you can get it all in just this deal.
In particular, the best power drill has string edger, powered lopper, pole hedge trimmer, chainsaw etc.
A pole-pruning saw hedge trimmer and cultivators come to make your job easier. You will find these accessories very necessary to fulfill all your drilling and driving needs.
The price of the best portable drill is very much affordable. You are getting so many accessories, all eleven-position clutches that prevents all sorts of stripping and overdriving at this price. Such compact design, usability you will not get at this price anywhere.
So you shouldn’t miss this great opportunity. The price also includes a carrying bag, which will ensure easier portability. It is user-friendly, compact and fit into any corner to facilitate the needs of assembling furniture.
- It is an ideal drill kit with 20v lithium battery for the variety of home projects.
- Provide 66 beneficial hand tools and accessories.
- Another benefit of the best power drill is the 11-position clutch that helps to prevent stripping and overdriving screws.
- The battery can hold charge up to 18 months.
- Few of the user complained the drill is defective.
- A few of them found it broken during arrival.
BLACK+DECKER BDC120VA100 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Kit
Now I introduce you with the best power drills for home projects. This is the BLACK+DECKER BDC120VA100 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill Kit that released at the end of 2012. Within a very short time, the drill machine got many customer popularity.
To start with, the machine includes a single battery that can hold its charge for eighteen months. It can use for about an hour on a full charge. In addition to this, the drill is lightweight and a good alternative to heavier drills. You can easily handle it for small spaces.
Another good thing is it has 24-position clutch, which will allow you to drill into items that are more delicate and reduce the chances of string screws. Its ⅜’’ chuck is long enough to change the bits.
Do you know what more you are getting from this best power drill? Well, I will tell you the kit comes with a charger and 100 pieces of accessories. Alongside, five brad point drill bits, thirty-two one-inch screwdriver bits of variable sizes, five masonry drill bits come with this.
It also includes four screws, four screw anchors, one magnetic bit tip holder, a socket adaptor, ten nut drivers, five ¼ inches sockets to make your drilling job effortless.
- Come with a 24-position clutch, which is something rare in today’s drill kit models.
- If needed, you can drill through plastic, wood or even metal with it.
- Ideal for all your needs, 100 pieces assortment of accessories included.
- This is a basic, good-looking, decent drill kit suitable for all types of drilling work.
- Great for mid-level tasks, not good for micro works like computers.
- You should be careful while using this. A few users complained that after some days of usage the drill might get fire though not always.
- Few customers show dissatisfaction with the battery.
DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit
My next addition is DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit, one of the best power drills in the market. Most of us might know Dewalt is a popular brand who never compromises with quality. In particular, this driver kit has everything you need to get started drilling on your work or home projects.
On top of that, it will not break your bank at a price range. You can buy this at a very affordable price from Amazon. The drill comes loaded with two 18-volt NI-cad batteries and a one-hour charging outlet that is amazing. All these equipment packed in a heavy-duty, portable carrying case.
Further, this model has a two-speed transmission with 17 clutch settings. At this, it provides a speed of 0-450 rpm and 0-1500 rpm. As a result, you can choose just the right amount of torque. From driving screws to drilling light masonry, it can do everything for you.
Thinking about user’s safety DEWALT DC970K-2 best power drill kept an electric brake. This brake stops the drill from spinning as soon as the trigger released. At the same time, it has a reverse switch that locks off the drill trigger when the switch comes in the position of middle or neutral.
Then it included a charger and has an automatic tune-up mode, which extends the lifetime of the batteries. If ever a battery left on the charger, you will have another fresh one ready to go.
- It is compact in size and fits into the tightest conditions too.
- Lightweight design, 3-pound weight minimizes user fatigue.
- It has a high-performance motor and delivers the maximum power of 380 unit watts.
- Come with ½-inch single sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck and provide tighter bit grip.
- So many things you will get including two batteries, double-ended screwdriver bit, kit box, contractor bag, and one-hour charger.
- If you are looking for a lithium-ion batteries drill machine, this is not for you.
- The drill seems cheaply made but the performance will not disappoint you.
DEWALT DWD112 8.0 Amp 3/8-Inch VSR Pistol-Grip Drill
This model of DEWALT got one of the top rated best power drills to tag from consumers. Maybe all of we know DEWALT is a very reputable brand in the power tool business. Especially this model is one of their top selling additions that have a strong 8.0A motor.
You will be glad to see its ⅜ inch, all metal, ratcheting keyless chuck. It will give you a great bit retention power and increased productivity. Besides its soft grip handle designs provide ample surface and hand comfort for long-term use without excessive strain on hands and wrist. At the same time, it weighs just 4.1 pounds. Being that it is easy to store and won’t weigh you down.
If you are looking for a well-made, powerful drill machine then go for it. It is perfect for heavy-duty jobs. Not only this it offers a ⅜ inch capacity in steel, 1-inch capacity in wood with a spade bit and lots of flexibility you need to handle a variety of materials. In fact, you will appreciate its 100 percent ball bearing construction that helps to set up on any job site.
- It is a versatile unit, ideal for heavy-duty drilling activities.
- Its corded design allows keeping power all day long.
- All metal keyless chuck is strong and will hold your bits well.
- Vey high-quality tool for the price.
- You will get a limited three years warranty and 90 days money back guarantee.
- One drawback is as it is a corded drill; you have to stick on the wall all the time.
- The ⅜’’ chuck might not perfect for your hole saws.
Black & Decker BDCDMT120 20-Volt Cordless Drill
This is another amazing cordless member from the brand of Black & Decker. Here you will first meet with a new system named “Matrix Quick Connect System”. Okay, all of you who don’t know about this system, here you will get the opportunity to change the head of the drill. Then you can also create a number of tools with it. When you have this best power drill, all those options will be available for you.
As you know, the unit powered by a 20-volt lithium ion battery and can store charge for up to eighteen months. Having full charge, the drill can work up to the maximum speed of 800RPM. Further 10 clutch settings come with this and it can change or lock in place through a rotating dial.
According to your necessity, you can use these different positions to stop the drill from slipping off screw heads. As well as it features a keyless ⅜ inch chuck, that accommodates and secures various bits and attachments into the head of the drill.
The benefit of using this best power drill is you can fit different bits and attachments into the housing without using any special tool. Above all, this versatile unit has a driver, a cutter, a drill, a sander and much more make it handy in many cases.
- It weighs only 4.3 pounds that make it one of the lightest cordless drill in this category.
- Come with a compact and user-friendly design.
- Deliver a maximum of 800 RPM, adequate for most applications in the home or workshop.
- You can switch from one function to another with minimal ease. Even not, require any special tool or a lengthy process to convert the drill into a cutter, driver or sander.
- It’s one drawback could be it takes quite some time to get the charge back in full.
- It doesn’t come with a charge indicator to alert a user on battery usage.
DEWALT DWD115K 8 Amp 3/8-Inch VSR Mid-Handle Grip Drill Kit
At first glance, you might not like this but with times it will prove one of your favorite drilling tool for sure. Within a very short time, this best power drill brand achieved much positive feedback from its customers in Amazon. Most of the reviewers gave positive feedback to this DEWALT DWD115K drill kit.
Though it is lightweight, yet it is one of the most powerful drills in the line. To tell you honestly it doesn’t have any special feature, it is just a simple, lightweight powerful tool with no frills.
Therefore, the trigger feels great and can give any other drill a run for its money. As for ease of use, you can’t find any other easier drill to use.
Here all-metal keyless chuck holds bits extremely snugly when only control left is the trigger and forward/reverse switch. Especially users mentioned about the trigger that designed well and responds easily too evenly to pressure.
- Feature a 0-2500 RPM VSR trigger for versatility in drilling and fastening applications.
- Its eight AMP motor delivers high performance in heavy-duty applications.
- Moreover, it’s all bearing construction provides greater durability and longer tool life.
- It has a mid-handle grip design and a soft grip to provide increased balance and comfort.
- Its 8’’ cord allows you to do workshop tasks without an extension cord to drag around.
- Good handling, great balance but the chuck/jaws do not rotate on center.
- Everything is okay except the hex bits slipping off.
Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch 2-Speed Drill/Driver Kit
To say about this, Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt is a very small and compact drill. You can call this the lightest cordless drill in its class. In this addition, it has a seven-inch head length and soft grip handles to provide a precise and comfortable drilling.
In a word, the small sizes of the best power drill are great for overhead work and reach tight areas and corners. Alongside it provides two-speed settings (0-350 RPM and 0-1300 RPM) and a 20+1 clutch setting to make torque adjustments easier.
Even more, it leads to increased control over speed and power. Then finally, you will get accurate screw driving and drilling. I will say it is ideal for people with small hands but not for them who have large hands.
After this, the powerful 12-volt drill delivers 265 in-lb torques to handle tight jobs. When you see this right off the bat, the balance and grip of this new driver are quite improved. All the equipment the grip, the body, the clutch settings dial, the chuck everything seemed more compact in this new version of Bosch PS31-2A 12-Volt drill. Many of the reviewers appreciated the redesigned best power drill and enormously comfortable grip.
- The size of the drill is excellent for overhead and tight area work.
- Provide two speed (0-350 RPM and 0-1300 RPM) two times faster driving and drilling.
- Offer improved LED lights to use for work area light illumination.
- At recent, it developed a new ⅜’’ single sleeve chuck to accomplish 90% of common applications.
- Another good thing is the fuel gauge that allows for easy battery management.
- In a word, it is incredible with the head length, shortest height, and lightest weight.
- A few customers claimed their drill cause noise after many days of use it.
- To pull the battery out is a little bit difficult.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Power Drill
Before buying any drilling tools, you should know details about the features. Because there are a number of features, you need to consider when you are going for a specific one. You have to decide at first what are you expecting. If you are looking for the best cordless drill corded or cordless you can check above all my top ten collections. There include both corded and cordless power drills in the list. You can pick any of them according to your choice.
Consider the Speed Control
People mostly get confused between the speed and drill with torque. But these are not exactly the same thing. You can say it in a more open way “variable speed”. In this case, you can control the speed depending on the type of material you are drilling into.
Here the benefit is it allows the more accurate drilling of holes. In general, it measured by rpm. With this in mind, you require some type of variance because that used for drilling through different materials.
Battery life is important in terms of the best power drill for home or workshops. Look for a drill, which can last for a long time without having recharged. In detail, this is just how much use you can get from your drill before the battery runs out.
It varies from drills to drill when you try to differentiate between them. You should find those best cordless drills, which have more batteries that are powerful rather than smaller less powerful ones.
Check the Weight of the Batteries
Although many people don’t count this I feel it important. Few drills are heavy enough but after adding a battery to them, they become heavier. When you need to use your drill every day then it can cause arm and hand fatigue.
Thinking about this the most recent manufacturers designed the newer lithium ion slimline batteries. These batteries can retain their power but they are smaller and lighter at the same time. However, you have to search more for getting pleasure.
Check the Chuck Size
Different chuck sizes used in cordless drills, rather the most common types are ½’’ and ⅜’’. In effect, these referred to as the largest drill bit shank the chuck can accept. In this regard, the half-inch models considered heavy-duty models and usually preferred by the professionals.
On the other hand, for DIY activities, the best power drill with a ⅜’’ chuck will generally suffice.
Another thing I want to remember you are the bit grip. Because of if the chuck doesn’t grip the bit well then you will feel excessive wobbling. The situation is uncomfortable and it reduces the efficiency of the tool.
Also, remember to check if the bits are easy to remove and change or not. In this case, some models feature keyless chucks and you can tighten this with your one hand.
You can never know with the packaging which drill is the best power drill for you. For this, you have to know all the important features that drill is offering you. On top of that, the price is a concern for the budget-oriented people. So you have to cover everything with a single model.
In general, the price of the best cordless power drill starts at around $25 and go up to about $100 but totally depends on what you are looking for. In my list of top recommended drill sets, you will get many affordable models to come from renowned brands. You can try them.
Otherwise, if you are typical homeowners or need to use your drill every now and then, a good all-purpose drill under $40 will be suitable for you. Alongside typical professionals or contractors, buy higher end drills for their commercial purposes.